Many people who employ a nanny find that being an employer can entail a complicated, confusing and time-consuming array of financial responsibilities – and the worry of fines and penalties from HMRC for doing things incorrectly. Fortunately, Taxing Nannies, the friendly face of tax and payroll services, is here to help.
The challenge of employing a nanny
Being a busy parent and dealing with the tax and payroll aspects of employing a nanny has never been easy. But in the last few years, it’s become even more demanding due to new requirements such as Real Time Information (RTI) and, more recently, auto-enrolment.
For example, to comply with RTI legislation, if your nanny gets paid every Friday, you have to submit your tax calculation to HMRC every Friday – and if you don’t, you can be fined. Even if a nanny is on unpaid, maternity or sick leave, HMRC have to be informed.
The faff of filling in forms, the slog of submitting details in real time, and the drudgery of dealing with HMRC are all things that most people can do without. (As are issues such as sorting out sick pay and maternity pay, and navigating the complexities of nanny shares.)
Taxing Nannies take care of everything
Our specialist nanny tax and payroll service has helped thousands of parents like you. From just £25 per month (inc. VAT), we’ll take care of everything related to tax, PAYE and payroll, and ensure it all runs like clockwork. We will:
- Provide advice concerning nanny tax and nanny payroll tax issues
- Open a PAYE scheme
- Determine the correct tax code for your nanny
- Provide practical support with auto-enrolment
- Calculate PAYE and National Insurance
- Provide regular payslips for nannies and other employees
- Submit this information to HMRC in real time (each time an employee is paid)
- Liaise directly with your nanny about anything related to their pay
- Deal directly with HMRC
- Prepare end-of-year forms (including P60)
- Provide advice concerning deduction and deductibility of expenses
- Advise you about the completion of contracts for nanny employment
- Deal with termination of your nanny’s employment
- Advise you about Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and holiday pay
- File all end-of-year tax returns electronically as required by HMRC
We can help with other domestic staff too
Whether you employ a nanny or a gardener, butler, driver, cleaner or housekeeper, we can help. We also run payrolls for a range of child carers, nurseries and other small businesses. In addition, our sister company, Taxing Carers, caters for people who require a permanent carer but are living in their own home.