Set as Homepage Bookmark this site
go Join our mailing list
“I would like to take the opportunity to compliment your and your staff on the excellent service you have provided for me for the last 3 years”
CM, Oxford
Home arrowNanny Tax Forms arrowP11D

Your employer uses form P11D to tell HMRC about the value of any 'benefits in kind' they've given you during the tax year. This means benefits or expenses that effectively increase your income, like:
  • a company car
  • private medical insurance
  • interest-free loans
Your employer will only declare them if you've earned at least £8,500 in the year, including the value of the benefits. They will work out how much each benefit is worth, record it on the form and send it to HMRC. They'll also give you a copy, which you'll need for your records or if you complete a tax return.

If you apply for a loan or mortgage, banks and building societies will accept form P11D as proof of extra income.